[App_rpt-users] How to change the Default EchoLink text

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 00:21:29 UTC 2016

Hi everyone, I've wanted to change the default EchoLink text for a while.

I finally found where EchoLink stores it's  "Welcome to AllStar Node XXXXX
EchoLink Node XXXXXX Systems Linked" prompt.

The text can be found and modified in:

/usr/src/utils/astsrc/asterisk/channels/chan_echolink.c
Use the nano Control+W to find the text "Welcome to AllStar"
Example, to add a new line before the status display, I changed this line

*"oNDATA\rWelcome to Allstar Node %s\r" to*

*"oNDATA\rTEXT HERE FIRST\rWelcome to Allstar Node %s\r"*

(Directory may be different depending on distro: this is Jeremy's W0JRL for
the Raspberry pi 2

Then in the /usr/src/utils/astsrc/asterisk

You have to run

./configure

make menuselect.makeopts

make