[App_rpt-users] Audio has no bass...

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Mon Apr 4 13:34:57 UTC 2016

To add to what Corey suggested, any time I see a post that indicates the
repeater as tinny audio, the first thing I suspect is the audio is
double - pre-emphasized.

This can happen two ways:
The audio feeding the transmitter is already pre-emphasized, but the
transmitter is doing it again.  Audio placed in to the MIC input will
almost always add pre-emphasis to the applied audio. If you are feeding
a radio that applies the pre-emphasis as part of the hardware, then
don't add pre-emphasis in the configuration file.

It can also happen with some hardware (no necessarily app_rpt) when the
receiver audio never gets de-emphasized and that audio is fed to a
transmitter that applies pre-emphasis as part of the hardware.

Both of these will result in double pre-emphasis and the audio will
sound tinny.

More on this subject is available on RB.
www.repeater-builder.com

Kevin - W3KKC