[App_rpt-users] Files listed, zero bytes...

Jim Aspinwall no1pc at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 20:28:57 UTC 2016

Yesterday I made a backup copy of my node (Pi 2 based) in preparation for some control/script changes.
Later yesterday the control/script changes were made, but I did not have a chance to review or test until this morning.
The method of the copying was through BitVise SFTP, selecting then dragging the highlighted files/folders to a local folder on my PC.
It appears that those files actually did get copied this morning.
Only a bit later did I try testing the control/script changes on the node and a few worked as expected, a few others unsure.
I went to look at the files changed to see if I had the command (DTMF) strings correct and notice in the SFTP window that MANY files on the node now show zero bytes.
OMG!?!?!  How/what zero'd out files that I was merely copying?
I tried to SFTP a couple of the files back into the node and while I see what appears to be a successful copy status, the file still shows zero bytes.
Before I down the node and put the SD card in the PC to view the file system there, or in my Mac... and try to copy them back from the supposedly successful backup.

Has anyone got a clue about such an event?