[App_rpt-users] RTCM voter problem - SOLVED

James Cizek james.m.cizek at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 18:16:49 UTC 2016

Sure Willem,  in voter.c, the stock line is:

if ((samplecnt >= 7999) && (samplecnt <= 8001))

it needs to be changed to something like:

if ((samplecnt >= 7999) && (samplecnt <= 8003 ))

That was just enough to make my first RTCM work.  I've had a chance now to
check a few more of my RTCMs on the bench this morning and the crystal
frequencies are kind of all over.  The next one I had on the bench was
5.2Khz fast.  The above code was still not enough to fix it (as would be
expected) so it looks like the quality control on whatever manufacturer
that crystal is, isn't very good (or a low tolerance crystal is being
used).  I am going to pursue crystal replacement to get a highly accurate,
stable, on-frequency crystal in there as my first choice.  Changing the
firmware 5 different times doesn't seem like the right answer.

Jim put that sanity check in there for a reason.  Working around it *may*
allow the device to work, but to me, it seems getting the hardware
operating the way it was supposed to originally is the better answer.  I
will follow up with Micro-node and let you all know how it goes.

Thanks.

James
KI0KN