[App_rpt-users] Moved my node to a new system.. simpleusb has ceased working

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Mon Apr 11 12:12:08 UTC 2016

Hi guys,
   I bought a new (more modern) system for my AllStar activities, installed
Debian Jessie x64 and ran Steve Zingman's install script from his github
page (
https://github.com/N4IRS/AllStar/raw/master/platforms/x86/jessie/x86_allstar_asterisk_install.sh),
I use an original URI (no URI-X).

It compiled installed just fine, so I moved over the configs in
/etc/asterisk from my old install to the new, but for some reason whenever
I launch the asterisk console, I get these error messages scrolling
consistently:

[Apr 11 08:08:30] WARNING[971]: chan_simpleusb.c:2137 setformat: Unable to
re-open DSP device 1 (usb): No such file or directory

I removed the simpleusb_tune_usb.conf, re-ran simpleusb-tune-menu to
generate a new config, restarted DAHDI, Asterisk, and rebooted etc, but the
issue remains regardless.

I dug around in the source to find the relevant line as referenced, but I'm
not up to snuff on C code, but did spot something about /dev/dsp, I looked
in my /dev directory and there are no dsp entries so that might be part of
the issue? I also disabled the onboard sound in the BIOS to prevent any
potential conflicts.

Anyone have any ideas? I can't quite put a finger on it.

tnx and 73
Stephen
K1LNX