[App_rpt-users] Multi SimpleUSB system

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Tue Apr 12 00:29:23 UTC 2016

Has anyone tested just how many URI's or modified usb sound cards can be
connected to a particular system? I recently deployed a more "modern"
system in comparison to my fledgling old 1st gen dual core Pentium.

The new system is an i3-4170 dual core "Haswell" processor running at 3.7
Ghz and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. I am looking at potentially upwards of 2 URI's and
a modified USB soundcard, all running SimpleUSB. I don't expect all three
of them to be connected to concurrently, one will be connected to my
repeater controller full time though, one for a yet to be determined remote
base radio (will most likely be my FT-817 if I can make it work with
hamlib), and a modified usb soundcard to connect to my PiRLP node.

Thoughts? Opinions? I don't see why this wouldn't scale out the way I want,
but as I have no experience I was curious if this was possible before I
went down this path.

73
Stephen
K1LNX