[App_rpt-users] Echolink : Now hearing four (unwanted) quick bips...

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Thu Apr 14 12:37:42 UTC 2016

Not sure about the four beeps, I've not gotten those and my Echolink is pretty active.

There's only one courtesy tone that isn't defined like the others...well, not quite like, anyway. I think it's the one for a remote connect for the remote end. Look for the line in the [Telemetry] stanza called
remotetx

Sorry, I said it's for the remote end transmit, but to tell you the truth, I'm never sure about that, it may be for when a remote connection is active but plays for local transmissions. Anyway, look for that.

The thing about not hearing your call when connecting through a proxy, afraid that really is a thing, yes. It must be something to do with how Echolink is sending the ID information to the node. A direct connect of course always announces the correct call. I'm fairly certain there's nothing that can be done about this.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Email: buddy at brannan.name