[App_rpt-users] Play two audio files back to back

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 03:41:38 UTC 2016

Thanks David and Steve.

The cat method works perfect other then a tiny detail:
rm -f /tmp/temp.gsm deletes the file before it is finished playing so you
don't hear the audio. Removing the line actually didn't cause issues, but I
added a sleep and then delete the file just in case.

The method isn't as elegant, but gets the job done and I don't hear the
spaces anymore!

73
Skyler

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 6:08 AM, Steve Mahler <kizzy at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> Or, if you are using WAV files ... catwav them (which uses sox) and play
> the result ...
>
> /bin/rm -f  $WXT/$TEMPMSG       #Make filename available for output
> /usr/local/bin/catwav $WXT/$TAILMSG  $WXA/${P1}${P2}${P3} $WXT/$TEMPMSG
> /bin/rm -f  $WXT/$TAILMSG       #Make filename available for output
> /usr/local/bin/catwav $WXT/$TEMPMSG  $WXA/spc.wav $WXT/$TAILMSG
>
> You would do the asterisk -rx " rpt localplay NODE cattedfile" here (I use
> it to build tailmessages with multiple announcements).
>
> ...STeve - KF5VH
>

> On 4/26/2016 6:51 AM, David McGough wrote:
>
>> I think the playback command only takes a single audio filename.
>>

>> Try this approach:
>>
>> cat /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/tide.gsm > /tmp/temp.gsm
>> cat /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/times.gsm >> /tmp/temp.gsm
>> cat /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/will-expire.gsm >> /tmp/temp.gsm
>> cat /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/at-any-time.gsm >> /tmp/temp.gsm
>>
>> asterisk -rx "rpt playback $node /tmp/temp"
>>
>> rm -f /tmp/temp.gsm
>>

>> Note that once these audio segments are cat'ed together, a final call to
>> sox can be used to change levels, formats, etc., if needed.
>>
>> 73, David KB4FXC
>>

>> On Tue, 26 Apr 2016, kk6ecm wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm ...  appears to be a mix of two syntaxes, and you may not achieve
>>> your goal...
>>>
>>> Xxxxxxx*CLI> help rpt playback
>>> Usage: rpt playback <nodename> <sound_file_base_name>
>>>         Send an Audio File to a node, send to all other connected nodes
>>> (global)
>>>
>>>              (seems there used to be a <delay> as a third variable)
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>> playback, file&file1 on the current node, where the concatenated files
>>> are joined with the &, no spaces.
>>>
>>> I'm wondering... set delay to 0... not sure if there is a default, or
>>> even if it is still a feature.
>>>
>>> e.g.
>>>
>>> asterisk -rx "rpt playback $node channel 0"

>>> Bob
>>> kk6ecm

electricity440 at gmail.com