[App_rpt-users] RTCM/chan_voter/event management subsystem

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Tue Aug 2 00:57:24 UTC 2016

Hey guys... I have a fan on the transmit radio, but as I don't want to run
it all the time, only when transmitting, I'm going to drive a relay from a
GPIO pin off of a URI instead. I found two excellent resources as a basis
for what I'm after:

http://www.qsl.net/k0kn/txfan
http://latinovoip.net/allstar-and-the-gpio-fan-script-for-dmk-engineering-uri/

I setup the following in my node stanza:

[2376]
events = events2376

[events2376]
touch /tmp/RPT_TXKEYED2376 = s|t|RPT_TXKEYED
rm -f /tmp/RPT_TXKEYED2376 = s|f|RPT_TXKEYED

As you can see, this is pretty simple, write RPT_TXKEYED2376 when the
RPT_TXKEYED variable is true, remove when false. I even checked for the
presence of those variables when the repeater is keyed/active from doing a
"rpt showvars 2376":

as2376*CLI> rpt showvars 2376
Variable listing for node 2376:
   XX_RPT_TXKEYED=1
   RPT_ETXKEYED=1
   RPT_TXKEYED=1
   RPT_RXKEYED=1
   RPT_NUMLINKS=0
   RPT_LINKS=0
   RPT_NUMALINKS=0
   RPT_ALINKS=0
   RPT_AUTOPATCHUP=0
    -- 9 variables

Everything suggests this should work, but it is not for whatever reason,
which leads me to two possible guesses:

- the logic is not placed correctly where it needs to be in rpt.conf
- chan_voter does not talk to the event management subsystem

Any ideas? Kinda lost...

Thanks,
Stephen
K1LNX