[App_rpt-users] RTCM/chan_voter/event management subsystem

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Tue Aug 2 11:21:53 UTC 2016

Thanks Bryan, let's try this again... my original email was a total edit
fail lol.. so I can see where it would be confusing. I had first sent this
to someone else prior to posting to the list.

is your xmtr on the rtcm or are you using voted receivers and one xmtr
> directly connected to a URI?

I am running a pair of CDM1550's UHF in full duplex off of an RTCM. The URI
will be used to for another yet be implemented application, but the idea
was to use one of the GPIO pins from it to drive my fan.

Are you running the background script that k0kn has on his website?  just
> because you set the gpio pins and the event subsystem sets the flag,
> asterisk doesn't directly flip those pins; you need a separate control
> script to do what you need, which is sense that the tx flag has been set
> (the file in /tmp), output a command to close the relay, and then unset the
> pin when the flag gets erased and back to idle when done.

Copy that... my issue is that I can't get past the first part, the event
management subsystem does not appear to be picking up the key/unkey events.
When I have played around with this in the past on a URI and simpleusb, I
would see debug messages indicating as such on the Asterisk console.

google k0kn for the scripts from the source, not someone's interpretation
> (however well meaning, it is what HE did and may not be useful for your
> particular situation).
>
> Been running k0kn's scripts to drive fans (and some other things: relay
> logic has a certain solid feeling to do things like turn things on and
> off...) since '11...hasn't failed yet.  Go to the source, and build from
> there.

Got those already.

 David McGough wrote:

Here is another simple solution, rather than using a relay, etc....Just
> use a high-efficiency DC-DC switcher that includes a logic-level
> enable/disable.  I'm using a handful of quarter-sized boards similar to
> these:
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/310925788373

Those are pretty neat! I've run into similar, I actually just replaced the
relay board I was going to use with one of these instead, it's a 3 output
MOSFET breakout board that will turn on each output with 2.5v or higher on
the microcontroller pins:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301357646243?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks very promising. The relay board I had
was giving me fits with the GPIO pins so I started searching for a
replacement and decided to give this a try instead. I will miss the click
sound though... or well maybe not ;)

So in summation, pair of radios running full duplex on an RTCM, trying to
use the event management subsystem to toggle a GPIO pin off a URI. As
explained above, I can not appear to get the event debug messages to show
up in the asterisk console on key/unkey events. That leaves me to the
guessed conclusion that either my configs are wrong (they don't appear to
be) or chan_voter does not talk to the event management subsystem?

73
Stephen
K1LNX