[App_rpt-users] Connecting several sites together on a hub using link radios

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Fri Aug 26 12:18:34 UTC 2016

Stephen,

Yes, eliminating the Repeater TX hang time, one way or another, is the
best solution....I'm not sure what kind of controllers you've got?? One
possibility would be to have a Repeater transmitted PL tone directly
follow the Repeater COS....Then, the simplex link radios would look for
that PL tone.  If the Repeater's RX COS isn't active, no PL tone
transmitted, and no ping-pong. Then, you could still have a Repeater
generated TX carrier hang time.

The problem with rxondelay is that it'll force users to slow down their
chatter, since the first parts of words during the delay period will get
chopped off. If TX hang times are long, the rxondelay will be long...Not
ideal.

73, David KB4FXC