[App_rpt-users] Problems surrounding Dial with service asterisk stop and start along with restart

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Wed Aug 31 10:29:10 UTC 2016

Loren,
Yes it's a known issue. There is a problem with the init scripts. The
next version uses systemd. If you want to convert to systemd now see
<https://github.com/N4IRS/AllStar/tree/master/systemd>
Careful reading of the README.md may yield  another solution.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 08/31/2016 06:24 AM, Loren Tedford wrote:
> Greetings I have found an issue today on a pure dial install out in a
> Data Center environment where service asterisk stop and service
> asterisk start did not work.. Anyone else having these issues with Dial?
>
> Here is some other commands i tried instead..
> root at hub:/etc/init.d# ./asterisk status
> ● asterisk.service - LSB: Asterisk PBX
>    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/asterisk)
>    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2016-08-31 05:56:34
> EDT; 22min ago
>   Process: 19146 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/asterisk stop (code=exited,
> status=0/SUCCESS)
>   Process: 19289 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/asterisk start (code=exited,
> status=1/FAILURE)
>
> Aug 31 05:56:34 hub.kc9zhv.com <http://hub.kc9zhv.com>
> asterisk[19289]: Asterisk is already running.  /etc/init.d/...w.
> Aug 31 05:56:34 hub.kc9zhv.com <http://hub.kc9zhv.com> systemd[1]:
> asterisk.service: control process exited, code...s=1
> Aug 31 05:56:34 hub.kc9zhv.com <http://hub.kc9zhv.com> systemd[1]:
> Failed to start LSB: Asterisk PBX.
> Aug 31 05:56:34 hub.kc9zhv.com <http://hub.kc9zhv.com> systemd[1]:
> Unit asterisk.service entered failed state.
> Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
> root at hub:/etc/init.d# ./asterisk forcestart
> Usage: /etc/init.d/asterisk {start|stop|restart|reload|force-reload}
> root at hub:/etc/init.d# ./asterisk force-reload
> [....] Reloading asterisk configuration (via systemctl):
> asterisk.serviceJob for asterisk.service failed. See 'systemctl status
> asterisk.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
>  failed!
> root at hub:/etc/init.d# ./asterisk reload
> [....] Reloading asterisk configuration (via systemctl):
> asterisk.serviceJob for asterisk.service failed. See 'systemctl status
> asterisk.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
>  failed!
> root at hub:/etc/init.d#
>

> As you see above i still received failures to stop and start asterisk
> using even this method
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Anyone had any luck porting any of this to centos 7?
>
> Considering making it part of a nethserver project i have been working
> on..
>

> Loren Tedford (KC9ZHV)
> Phone:
> Fax:
> Email: lorentedford at gmail.com <mailto:lorentedford at gmail.com>
> Email: KC9ZHV at KC9ZHV.com <mailto:KC9ZHV at KC9ZHV.com>
> http://www.lorentedford.com <http://www.lorentedford.com/>
> http://www.kc9zhv.com <http://www.kc9zhv.com/>
> http://forum.kc9zhv.com <http://forum.kc9zhv.com/>
> http://hub.kc9zhv.com <http://hub.kc9zhv.com/>
> http://Ltcraft.net<http://ltcraft.net/>
> http://voipham.com

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic