[App_rpt-users] Using scheduler to play custom (local) voice announcement

Ramesh Dhami Ramesh at va3uv.com
Sat Dec 24 00:57:03 UTC 2016

Hi Guys:

I'd like to play a custom ulaw announcement over my repeater (at say an
hourly interval).

This custom announcement is different from my repeater ID.

I see that I can call a macro from the scheduler; I'm not sure whether I
can invoke Asterisk's System command directly from a macro, or whether I
have to make a call to a local extension that invokes the System command
(which then plays my announcement). Hopefully there's an easier way!

Appreciate some guidance.

Thanks!

Ramesh, VA3UV