[App_rpt-users] App_rpt-users Digest, Vol 84, Issue 17

Jim Aspinwall no1pc at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 15 20:52:50 UTC 2016

Excellent - thanks.  BW and hardware won't be an issue where I think this would go.

Today's Topics:

  1. Hub vs Node? (Jim Aspinwall)
  2. Re: Hub vs Node? (Steve Zingman)
  3. Re: Hub vs Node? (Kevin Custer)

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 22:24:49 +0000 (UTC)
From: Jim Aspinwall <no1pc at yahoo.com>
To: "app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org" <app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org>
Subject: [App_rpt-users] Hub vs Node?

What if anything are the specific differences between a single node (tied to simplex, repeater, Pi box and headset...) that can presumably only accept one in-bound call/connect, and a hub, to which many can connect and bridge through/over?
Given a certain amount of specialization or purpose/interest-built hubs I am interested in having a purpose-built hub for a few systems and users not exclusive but so as not to impose on others' hubs and traffic.
What does it take to do this?

Message: 2