[App_rpt-users] Dial on RPi - recompile after updates

David Osborn david.osborn at manx.net
Sat Jan 9 14:46:27 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I downloaded and installed the DIAL image for the RPi2 and it went in a
treat. Great work guys!

What I did next broke it, but it is something that we all have to do and
I've done it many times with my Acid installs: I did an update to the
system.

Just as with Acid, the updates broke Asterisk and it craps out after a few
tries:

[Jan  9 14:34:48] WARNING[300] chan_dahdi.c: Unable to open
'/dev/dahdi/pseudo': No such file or directory
[Jan  9 14:34:48] ERROR[300] chan_dahdi.c: Unable to dup channel: No such
file or directory
[Jan  9 14:34:48] WARNING[301] chan_simpleusb.c: File
simpleusb_tune_usb.conf not found, device usb using default parameters.
[Jan  9 14:34:50] ERROR[269] app_rpt.c: Continual RPT thread restarts,
killing Asterisk

I am guessing that Asterisk etc needs to be re-compiled. How do I go about
this? I tried running the rpi2 install script at
https://github.com/N4IRS/AllStar and answered "n" to repeated queries about
patches. Compilation appeared to succeed, but Asterisk still dies on me.

Thanks again for the work on this. I'm most impressed with the RPI2!

David Osborn
GD4HOZ