[App_rpt-users] DIAL and IRLP

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Sat Jan 9 17:41:19 UTC 2016

On 1/9/16 12:31 PM, Kirk Just Kirk wrote:
> David Cameron would have a litter of kittens if you do that. IRLP is
> OBSOLETE.
> The best thing to do with a IRLP node is to yank the hard drive,format it
> and bring it back up as a Allstar node and rip the IRLP interface board
> out, remove the SSI-202 chip and toss the rest in the trash. It's like
> getting a new engine for your old chevy.

So?

If some one wants to interlink with another network who are we to stop them?
This is no different than linking with echolink or dstar.

Who cares if the software supports it?  Just because we have software that
supports IRLP as a channel in asterisk doesn't mean everyone is going to run
out and use it.  It's like torrent clients; they are legal to code and use but
some use may be against the ToS of your ISP.

I think it would be funny if a hundred asterisk/Allstar users setup IRLP and
Cameron flipped his shit. What's he going to do, ban half his user base?  If
anything it would speed up the demise of IRLP by showing people the audio
quality and openness of the Allstar community.

73's
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice