[App_rpt-users] Crontab with DIAL on RPi 2

kk6ecm kk6ecm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 17:52:23 UTC 2016

We are running our repeater using DIAL on a RPi 2, and asterisk seems to just stop running at times, but Linux is happy. A reboot corrects it for awhile. I've also restarted asterisk. On our ACID system with the Atom computer, we seemed to have the same thing happen, so I used crontab to perform a restart weekly, which seemed to correct the issue until we actually had an identifiable hardware issue, then we installed the Pi.

I've attempted to set up a crontab to do either an asterisk stop/start sequence, or a reboot, but neither seem to work, so I'm wondering why? We've also tried to reboot in crontab using the same reboot sequence as we use for rebooting via the radio, using DTMF in rpt.conf; "/sbin/reboot" ; this works from the radio.

Also, cop,1 does not seem to restart asterisk in rpt.conf. I'm wondering if these are known issues, or am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks,
Bob
kk6ecm

Sent from iPad