[App_rpt-users] usbfobs

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Mon Jul 4 22:31:00 UTC 2016

I haven't purchased any of those USB sound FOBs, but, I have purchased a
lot of other hardware from that reseller with no problems.

Also, it's worth mentioning that the REAL C-media CM108 (including the
CM119) family chips are still readily available, they've NOT been
discontinued.

However, as with about everything coming from China/Asia, most of these
FOBs have CM108 clones, NOT the real parts. I suspect all the epoxy-blob
style FOBs are clones. As with all the cloned parts, some designs seem to
work okay and others poorly.  At least these prices are cheap enough hat
if it doesn't work out, it won't break the bank!  YMMV!

73, David KB4FXC