[App_rpt-users] usbfobs

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Tue Jul 5 23:44:46 UTC 2016

> On 06/07/16 04:00, Scott Zimmerman wrote:
>> Have you purchased and used any of the chips from Alibaba? I have had
>> BAD luck in the past getting
>> cm119's from eBay and such. I get them from a CMedia distributor for
>> about $2 each. Yes, they are
>> more expensive, but I know if I take the time to solder them to a
>> board, they will work!!!
>
> On 7/5/2016 3:09 PM, Steve Wright wrote:
> I have had a few fake products delivered, but always they are
> extremely fast on the 'refund and apologise profusely' button.  I
> wouldn't call it a bad experience.

Soldering a 48 pin LQFP and having it be fake is nothing short of a bad
experience.  Like Scott, I recently purchased a fair quantity of
CM119A's from a top CM distributor.  They told us the CM119 and CM119A
are now legacy products and the CM119B is current. Unfortunately, the B
model doesn't use a crystal and several developers agree that they may
not be suitable for digital and analog radio adapter applications.
There were still a few hundred CM119A's in the distribution chain as of
a few months ago.

Kevin