[App_rpt-users] usbfobs

mike at midnighteng.com mike at midnighteng.com
Wed Jul 6 02:38:14 UTC 2016

If you look at this close, it is just a glorified op-amp.
We used a 741 for dsp on a serial line in the 90's.

What makes it tough is the I/O lines some use for PTT/COS.
and the address lines for them that may not be the same with other units.
Could just change the source code for some others.

I suggest finding a way to replace the I/O lines with something else
because ANY dsp should work fine for the audio.
I think the PI itself has them. Just have to write the code to replace it
OR use "ON-EVENT" programming to read/write to them to follow ptt/cos.

I know that is easy for me to say as I'm using Atom boards with a parallel port.
And there are plenty of I/O / DAQ boards out there that can be utilized for plenty
of I/O if the PI's I/O can't work for it.

Just remember, it was the work of others that made it so easy so far.
But a good thing never lasts forever.

...mike/kb8jnm