[App_rpt-users] Stepping on toes...

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Mon Jul 11 17:06:32 UTC 2016

Duane,
When were you told on the App_rpt-users list to go elsewhere with DIAL
questions? DIAL is the official distribution for AllStar. Support
questions SHOULD be posted here. I know that other lists limit their
support to THEIR distribution and have curtly told DIAL users to go
elsewhere for support. I do not remember seeing your question on here.
If I missed it, I'm sorry. I TRY to help out with DIAL and general
Asterisk questions when possible.

73, Steve N4IRS
INAD

On 7/11/2016 12:42 PM, DuaneVT . wrote:
> I too have asked questions here concerning DIAL and been told curtly
> to go elsewhere. As DIAL distros have all the files included and
> interface to the FOBs and SBCs, where do we draw the line? I have
> followed all instructions for installing the software and had fresh
> boot problems. It was hard to tell where the problem was, but when I
> am new to Linux/DIAL and the whole Allstar project, I looked for
> guidance where I found discussions. There is an Allstar Link community
> on Google+, and you will see I have all except 1 postings!
> Crickets.........
> Perhaps the moderator/users here could post a list of URLs for
> different aspects of AllStar Link so us Newbies would know where to
> hang out.
> I have had GREAT support from other listers here by direct email after
> each post and I sincerely thank all who have taken an interest in
> someone who has to learn as we all do.
> 73,
> Duane  KA1LM  #42996

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic