[App_rpt-users] OT: internet threats

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Tue Jul 12 14:47:59 UTC 2016

If you think we're not immune, think again.  ANYTHING connected to the net, whether an email server in your basement ( :) ) or a repeater controller connected to the net in a datacenter is a target.  If the big boys are scrambling, think of what we, with our limited resources, are faced with:

https://threatpost.com/91-percent-of-public-facing-ics-components-are-remotely-exploitable/119142/

And for a realtime view of what's being sensed by the second largest web crawling organization (the former Internet Security Systems, now IBM X-Force):

https://exchange.xforce.ibmcloud.com

Awareness is a good thing.
--
Bryan
Sent from my iPhone 6S...No electrons were harmed in the sending of this message.