[App_rpt-users] Android IAXRPT stuck PTT

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Thu Jul 21 23:34:11 UTC 2016

All this talk of Android IAXRPT got me interested. I installed it
(v1.13). Sometimes when I connect to my node, the PTT on the node will
stick on. There is no indication of this in the app and no audio going
through, just dead air. (Luckily I had a radio monitoring and
discovered this issue quickly.) Other times I connect and it works
just fine--PTT follows the PTT button. What's going on here? Why does
it transmit without PTT pressed?

On IAXRPT for Windows (running in Wine on OS X), PTT behaves correctly.

I also have Zopier set up, but I configured this for VOX. I hit the
mute button when I don't want to transmit. It works just fine.

Relevant configuration stanzas below. (Let me know if you need more.)

Tom KD7LXL

iax.conf:

[iaxrpt]
username=iaxrpt
type=friend
context=radio-gui
auth=md5
secret=xxx
host=dynamic
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=g726aal2
notransfer=yes

[tomsphone] ; Zoiper Setup
username=tomsphone
type=friend
context=tomsphone
host=dynamic
auth=md5
secret=xxx
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=g726aal2
allow=gsm
codecpriority=host
transfer=no
callerid="KD7LXL"

extensions.conf:

[radio-gui]
exten => 41702,1,rpt(41702|X)
exten => 1001,1,rpt(1001|X)

[tomsphone]
exten => 41702,1,answer()
exten => 41702,n,Playback(rpt/connected)
exten => 41702,n,rpt(41702|Pv)
exten => 1001,1,answer()
exten => 1001,n,Playback(rpt/connected)
exten => 1001,n,rpt(1001|Pv)