[App_rpt-users] Android IAXRPT stuck PTT

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Fri Jul 22 16:40:16 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Jim Duuuude <telesistant at hotmail.com> wrote:
> The "X" is used for a radio-style connection, and indicates to app_rpt that
> it is not to authenticate the call (that is, authentication was done in the dialplan previous to
> "sending" it to app_rpt). This is necessary for scenarios such as use with
> IAXRPT, where user authentication is done via means external to app_rpt.
>
> The "P" is used to make app_rpt accept a "traditional" telephony-style (VOIP
> SIP, IAX2, etc, or other telephony interface, such as DAHDI) connection, and
> allow access to a node via a "telephone" call.
>
> These are 2 very different operating environments.

Does this mean I need to be using two different contexts for IAXRPT
and Android IAX? As I said, I previously had "X" and now have "P" and
am using the same context for both Windows and Android app. From the
GUI, they appear to be very similar apps so I assumed they behaved the
same in terms of connection style. But as I reported, the X mode was
sometimes locking PTT on my node when connecting from Android. I never
experienced this from Windows IAXRPT.

Tom KD7LXL