[App_rpt-users] Shared repeater tone panel

Steve Mahler kizzy at lusfiber.net
Fri Jul 22 17:10:04 UTC 2016

Joe:

I've done this, it is working great in testing.  Here are the parts ...

1) APP_RPT doesn't support all PL tones (ACID Distribution) ... I
believe that this is the valid decode list (any PL can be transmitted) ...

PL 	NOTES

67.0
69.3 	Not Available in AllStar RX DSP
69.4 	Not Available in AllStar RX DSP
71.9
74.4
77.0
79.7
82.5
85.4
88.5
91.5
94.8
97.4
100.0
103.5
107.2
110.9
114.8
118.8 	DO NOT USE - 60 Hz Harmonic
123.0
127.3
131.8 	DO NOT USE - DCS Turn Off Code
136.5 	DO NOT USE - DCS Turn Off Code
141.3
146.2
151.4
156.7
159.8 	Not Available in AllStar RX DSP
162.2
165.5 	Not Available in AllStar RX DSP
167.9
171.3 	Not Available in AllStar RX DSP
173.8
177.3 	Not Available in AllStar RX DSP
179.9 	DO NOT USE - 60 Hz harmonic
183.5 	Not Available in AllStar RX DSP
186.2
189.9 	Not Available in AllStar RX DSP
192.8
196.6 	Not Available in AllStar RX DSP
199.5 	Not Available in AllStar RX DSP
203.5
206.5 	Not Available in AllStar RX DSP
210.7
218.1
225.7
229.1 	Not Available in AllStar RX DSP
233.6
241.8
250.3
254.1 	Not Available in AllStar RX DSP

2) The method to associate RX and TX tones and have valid decode of
certain PLs  in usbradio.conf  is ....

;
; CTCSS / PL TONES
txctcssdefault= 103.5   ; default tx ctcss freq, any frequency
permitted, used when RX is quiet

rxctcssfreqs= 67.0,88.5,103.5,136.5,192.8,250.3
                         ; rx ctcss freqs in floating point. must be in
table

txctcssfreqs= 67.0,88.5,103.5,103.5,192.8,250.3
                         ; tx ctcss freqs, any frequency permitted

;
; RECEIVER CONTROLS
;
rxctcssoverride=0       ; Set to 1 or yes to start out in carrier
squelch mode

rxctcssrelax=0          ; reduce talkoff from radios w/o CTCSS Tx HPF
;                       ; (help radios with DTMF Twist)

** Note, you can cross PLs ... when the above receives 136.5 it
transmits 103.5

Like I said, so far it has all worked ... just feed voice and PL from
the discriminator to the AllStar server.  Good Luck!

...STeve - KF5VH