[App_rpt-users] audio for direct VCO FM

Steve Wright info at meshnetworks.co.nz
Wed Jun 1 23:47:50 UTC 2016

On 02/06/16 01:32,  David McGough <kb4fxc at inttek.net> wrote:
> The first thing I would try is to locate some hams closer by that have
> already obtained a pallet full of surplus radios. If not in NZ, perhaps
> Australia. At least that should be cheaper shipping than coming from the
> North America--I think.

Good call on the local gear.  I'll dig out some local contacts and see
what's up.

> If that approach doesn't pan out, perhaps some hams here in the USA would
> be willing to help by obtaining several radios, packaging and shipping as
> freight. In this scenario, only a few completely assembled radios might be
> included, with the remaining hardware stripped down to just printed
> circuit boards, excluding heavy chassis and heatsinks, to reduce shipping
> weight.
>
> Anybody else got any ideas about economically getting radios to NZ???

I'd value any engagement highly, thank you.

A single ex-ebay maratrac is about NZ$200 landed, which is pretty daft
really.  I know the US is a huge place, but geez the freight companies
have really nailed their market down tightly.

Will ask on facebook about freight.  Someone might have a few options.

Steve