[App_rpt-users] RTCM Simulcast question

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Mon Jun 6 15:36:01 UTC 2016

Hi Joe,

While on the subject of the Si5351 chips, the application of converting
one reference clock to a secondary frequency is what they were designed
for. So, since you've already got a GPS reference, this -might- be an
inexpensive starting point...For this application, you obviously won't
need all the bells and whistles presented in this article! See:

http://www.knology.net/~gmarcus/Si5351/Si5351_VFO_QEX.pdf
http://www.knology.net/~gmarcus

Note that I would replace the Si5351 25MHz reference with a decent TCXO
(available on ebay, etc.)....Note that I haven't used the Si5351 with an
RTCM, there may be simpler/better ways???

73, David KB4FXC