[App_rpt-users] audio for direct VCO FM

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Mon Jun 13 13:40:05 UTC 2016

There are lots of good Tait radios out there and are a great choice for
link radios as such like the Maxtracs and Radius GE Pheonix etc. radios.

The older Tait radios use Dos sw which is free on the net and some newer
use windows based  and is free too.

So if you get a T2000 radio you can program as you like and no narrow
band. However the TB8105/8110/8115s might have new enough FW that forces
to narrow band. The FW can be rolled back to allow wide band.

I suspect the Tait folks there just dont want to deal with wide band
stuff - even though it doesn't apply to ham bands.

The NB thing affects all VHF UHF commercial radios sold in the US since
2013. So its not just a Tait thing.

Jon VA3RQ