[App_rpt-users] Courtesy Tone with nolocallinkct=1 (bug?)

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Mon Jun 20 23:25:40 UTC 2016

I am going to reference http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/96 for this question.

I have 3 nodes configured on a server, 2 via pciradio and 1 with a voter, all

I want the local nodes CT to be the same no matter the node keyed, i.e. local
nodes should not count as remote for the purposes of the CT, and if node 1 one
keys up, node 2 and 3 will have the same tone that node 1 does.

This is the config for each node:

nounkeyct=0
unlinkedct=ct91
remotect=ct3
linkunkeyct=ct8
nolocallinkct=1

Based on this, when no external nodes are connected, any node keying up any
other node or locally should use ct91.  As of now this does not work.  ct91
only plays on the keyed node, the other local nodes do not have a tone.

When a remote node links in, the local CT changes to ct3, but still doesn't
play from the other local nodes.

Looking at app_rpt.c,

>                 if (myrpt->p.nolocallinkct) /* if no CT if this guy is on local system */
>                 {
>                         int v,w;
>                         w = 0;
>                         for(v = 0; v < nrpts; v++)
>                         {
>                                 if (&rpt_vars[v] == myrpt) continue;
>                                 if (rpt_vars[v].remote) continue;
>                                 if (strcmp(rpt_vars[v].name,
>                                         mytele->mylink.name)) continue;
>                                 w = 1;
>                                 break;
>                         }
>                         if (w)
>                         {
>                                 imdone = 1;
>                                 break;
>                         }
>                 }

This looks like if nolocallinkct=1 it just does not play a CT and breaks out
of the loop.   I'm thinking this is wrong based on the docs?

maybe it needs goto treataslocal; before the break?  I've not tried it yet,
but it would appear it needs to be treated as a local node CT?

Also is there any way to play a CT with the asterisk cli for testing?  I can't
find it if there is.

Thoughts?
--
Bryan Fields