[App_rpt-users] URI active low?

Steve Passmore k6kya at hokeynet.net
Tue Mar 1 21:17:03 UTC 2016

I seem to recall some people having issues with the PTT output not being
pulled low enough, you might try searching the list archives for a similar
situation.  I recall several fixes from adding a reed relay,  inserting a
diode in line, or using a transistor buffer, might have been a jfet.

Steve
On Mar 1, 2016 10:03 AM, "Jon Rorke" <jrorke at cogeco.ca> wrote:

> He did say the COR #2 has a pullup resistor connected.
>
> According to the wiring below you have the controller ptt connected to the
> ctcss input on the URI.
> You have the ctcss input set to 'no' so the URI will not see the ptt from
> the controller.
>
> I dont know what he pinouts on the controller are with out looking at the
> docs but do the following:
>
> Connect the URI ptt to the controller cor input.
> Connect the URI cor input (pin 8) to the controllers PTT output.
> Connect the URI TX audio out to the controller RX audio input.
> Connect the URI RX audio input to the controller TX audio output.
>
> Make sure the controller port access is configured for carrier squelch
> (COR) active low only and not CTCSS and COR.
>
> Set the node usbradio to use carrierfrom=usbinvert.
>
> Restart the node.
>
> Jon VA3RQ
>

> On 3/1/2016 9:27 AM, mike at midnighteng.com wrote:
>
>> I "think" the problem you are having has a simple fix.
>>
>> I don't know the specifics on the DMK URI
>>
>> but a PTT normally switches to ground when active does not mean that it
>> is high
>> when inactive. It can "FLOAT". 0v and no ground when inactive.
>>
>> The COR on the CAT1000 will be looking for a voltage when "INACTIVE" if
>> you have
>> 'active low' switch enabled. And without it, it will time-out.
>>
>> You need to pull the PTT/COR line high with a 5v voltage and let the PTT
>> pull it
>> low for active signal.
>>
>> If you look at the CAT schematics, there is a test post for audio that
>> you can hook
>> a small amplified speaker to and listen to the events on the cat1000 for
>> better
>> testing.
>>
>> ...mike/kb8jnm
>>

>> I am having some problems getting PTT action on a repeater I am
>>> converting from
>>> IRLP to Allstar.
>>>
>>> The DMK-URI is interfaced to the secondary port of a CAT-1000
>>> controller.   And the
>>> controllers second port is configured as active low. There is a 10k
>>> pull-up
>>> resistor on the CAT controller's COR#2 line.
>>>
>>> URI    DMK-URI        CAT-1000    CAT-1000
>>> Pin 1    PTT        Pin 5    COR #2
>>> Pin 7    CTCSS DET   Pin 9    PTT #2
>>> Pin 8    COR DET
>>> Pin 20    GND        Pin 17    GND
>>> Pin 21    MIC IN AC   Pin 23    TX AUDIO #2
>>> Pin 22    LEFT OUT    Pin 12    Rx AUDIO #2
>>>

>>> And I am using these settings:
>>>
>>> eeprom=0
>>> hdwtype=0
>>> rxboost=0