[App_rpt-users] Inexpensive 50MHz RX was: MP3 stream was remote

Steve Wright info at meshnetworks.co.nz
Sun Mar 6 18:51:38 UTC 2016

On 07/03/16 06:00, David McGough <kb4fxc at inttek.net>@ohnosec.org wrote:
> Now comes a complex issue to handle--variable delay in the RF-to-audio
> conversion. If you're running a standard analog RX (like the GM300
> mentioned), the delay through the radio is minimal and CONSISTENT between
> radios--ideal for voting receivers, etc. The SDR delay is large, perhaps
> as much as 0.5 seconds

Ah yeah that's no good then.  Ah well, we keep fishing through new ideas
for workable stuff!

The site in question is plenty remote, but I'll still put a notch on the
image, and on the local pager and FM radio station too, even though they
are 10km away.  It's no work at all to put a coax stub notch on something.

Cheapie Baofengs with some coax bandpass/notch reject will do it, EXCEPT
that the repeater is question is Six meters.

Now looking for inexpensive 6m handhelds, or other RX boards.