[App_rpt-users] how to change the WIFI login?

Jim Frederick 41.2jim at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 10:59:36 UTC 2016

Hello group,

          I was able to get the wifi for my node (HP thin Client E5740E) to
work great....my question is to get the DIAL software to recognize my
iphone as the wifi link, not my local router. Do I need to change anything
other than the /etc/network/interfaces file to reflect the iphone? (it took
3 times to get it, the WIFI link to my local router to work, as I crashed
the software 2 times, requiring reinstalls in my fumbling)

Here is the full content of the /etc/network/interfaces file

*# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system# and
how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).source
/etc/network/interfaces.d/*# The loopback network interfaceauto loiface lo
inet loopback# The primary network interfaceallow-hotplug wlan0iface wlan0
inet dhcp    wpa-ssid xxxxxxxxxxx    wpa-psk  xxxxxxxxxxxxxx*

I'm asking because when I change the wpa-ssid to iPhone and the wpa-psk to
my iPhone password it doesn't link to the iphone ....any ideas?

  Thanks Jim