[App_rpt-users] App_rpt-users Digest, Vol 85, Issue 26

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Wed Mar 16 13:02:33 UTC 2016

On 3/16/16 7:46 AM, Bryan D. Boyle wrote:
> Time is worth something; reinventing the wheel to accomplish what already
> exists is, to me, and me only, a waste of time.

But there are lots of retired hams who have more time than money.  I'm not one
just yet :(

It's funny, I sell quantar firmware SIMMs on eBay, and I have clearly stated
in the ad if you want >1 I'll knock 25 bux off.  I had a fella message me with
this gem yesterday when I refused his half price offer for one unit.

"WHY YOU CHARGE SUCH HIGH PRICE FOR SOMETHIN YOU BUILD IN 10 MIN!  IT
DOCUMENTTED ON THE WEB WHAT YOU SELL!  WHAT THINK YOU DESERVE FOR COPYING SOME
ONE ELSE WORK AND SELLING IT!"

He gave me this link, http://wiki.w9cr.net/index.php/Quantar#SIMM_info
implying I copied how to do it from there..

I made up some docs, take time and test each one and then package it.  You're
paying for my time and the convenience.  Too much? I've documented it and
you're free to build it yourself.

Some people, right?  :)

73's W9CR
--