[App_rpt-users] Hamtronics receiver issue with AllStar RTCM

Joe Leikhim rhyolite at leikhim.com
Mon Mar 28 18:51:43 UTC 2016

Skyler;

1) Make sure the receiver First Local Oscillator is adjusted correctly
on frequency. (Fo -10.700 MHz) Likewise the second LO should be at
around 10.2450 MHz. The second LO is not adjustable, so any minor error
would have to be made up with the TCXO U3. After this second step:

Then :

2) Make sure the general alignment is set properly, especially the
discriminator coil T2 which responds to 10.7000 MHz from a signal
generator, has an S curve response.  In my experience with these sort of
Quadrature  Detector chips, you can get a false sense of IF centering
where the noise component is suppressed. You might try adjusting for
maximum noise first without the 10.7000 MHz signal. Be careful you don't
jam the coil slug.

Joe Leikhim

Leikhim and Associates

Communications Consultants