[App_rpt-users] Hamtronics receiver issue with AllStar RTCM

Joe Leikhim rhyolite at leikhim.com
Mon Mar 28 22:08:55 UTC 2016

If you are using an external reference, you cannot make up for the 2nd
LO error if it is wildly off. There is an easy SINAD related test in
EIA-603 that is called Offset Acceptance Bandwidth that would indicate
if the IF were off center. Things that could go wrong apart from simple
misalignment of the Quad Detector coil could include the LO crystal
being way off frequency, the IF filters being wrong BW or off spec pass
frequency.

Given the symptoms, I am putting my money on a misadjusted quad coil.

Joe

--
Joe Leikhim

Leikhim and Associates