[App_rpt-users] Non-RTCM voter, where?

Joe Leikhim rhyolite at leikhim.com
Wed Mar 30 15:09:10 UTC 2016

Here are some products to start with;

There is the Raven M4x

http://www.ravencomm.com/documents/products_doc3_23.pdf

Raytheon JPS SNV-12 (Though the future of this product is up in the air,
it was the defacto standard. Uses 600 ohm VF circuits, IP connectivity
needs to be overlaid)
http://www.simulcastsolutions.com/userfiles/file/appnotes/vSnv12App.pdf

Motorola Spectra Tac (Obsolete Now Motorola has pretty much abandoned
analog FM technology. Uses 600 ohm VF circuits,)
http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorola/spectra-tac/spectratac-index.html

The above voters all use some method of signal/noise voting. The JPS
SNV-12 and the Raven M4X use DSP to make decision, while the Spectra Tac
was pretty much an analog noise measurement vs a status tone/audio AGC
level. The SpectraTac does not support non-Motorola receivers unless you
know the "secret sauce" which I am privy to.

This site has some practical examples of projects that are simulcast,
but by design incorporate the SNV-12 voters.

www.simulcastsolutions.com

Are you looking for some more in depth RF design aspects of receiver
voting? I can help perhaps.

Joe

www.leikhim.com

--