[App_rpt-users] Scratchy audio on some transmissions

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 17:30:50 UTC 2016

On my 900MHz node, I am having problems where the "repeat only" and various
transmissions sound clipped and scratchy. I turned my audio down the the
lowest setting (so I had to really crank my receivers audio) and even the
small, barely deviated amount of audio that came out was scratchy when
Allison announced "repeat only".

Has anybody had this issue before? The clipped audio only seems to occur on
transmissions with a lot of punch, and is fine for both. Both adjusting the
deviation on the radio and turning my TX audio down to a bare minimum does
not seem to do the trick.

Audio levels is not a problem, however. We tested it on a service monitor
and got the deviation fine with the test tone.

Thanks
Skyler