[App_rpt-users] Link Activity Timer

ARS W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu May 12 14:22:29 UTC 2016

On May 12, 2016 09:06, "Steve Mahler" <kizzy at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> The rpt.conf file has the following variables ...
>
> ;
> ;LINK ACTIVITY TIMER
> ;lnkactenable=0            ; Set to 1 to enable the link activity timer.
Applicable to standard nodes only.
> ;lnkacttime=1800        ; Link activity timer time in seconds.
> ;lnkactmacro=*52        ; Function to execute when link activity timer
expires.
> ;lnkacttimerwarn=30secs-ann    ; Message to play when the link activity
timer has 30 seconds left.
> ;
>
> Can someone say definitively if the timer runs for the time a remote is
connected to the AllStar Server -OR- the time of an active transmission
from a link?

> That is does it time out a set of users or time out a forgotten
interconnection.

Since the example shows what to do when the link is about to become
inactive, *I* would say that it wouldnt log out a bunch of users talking,
if they're on two (or morw) separate, connected nodes.
In other words, if your system is linked up, and the conversation is over,
after the set time, the link shuts off.
If I'm not mistaken, the variable "permalink" (exact verbiage escapes me)
supercedes the linkactivity staza.

73