[App_rpt-users] connect this system to internet

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 15:40:02 UTC 2016

Some prefer to have the networking connections managed by a network manager
such as wicd. I prefer to have full control over my network connections and
manually configure with ifconfig, iwconfig, and wpa_supplicant depending on
specific connection.

I you would like to go the manual route install the wireless-tools package.
If you are using a secured wireless network, above WEP, you will need to
use wpa_supplicant. Many tutorials and other articles available on the
internet to learn how to use them.

If you would like to go the automatic route you will need to either install
a manager of your choice or use any pre-installed one. It appears you are
using Doug's image and I am not sure if there is network manager installed
by default or not.

Brett KQ9N