[App_rpt-users] AllStar Installation

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Tue Nov 15 15:41:46 UTC 2016

Caleb,
DIAL does not like RAID arrays. I have to work on that...
You can do a base Debian install on the RAID array and then run
<https://github.com/N4IRS/AllStar/blob/master/platforms/x64/jessie/amd64-i386-netinst-allstar-install.sh>

Sorry for the inconvenience.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 11/15/2016 10:34 AM, Caleb Miller wrote:
> I am running into a problem and I hope you can help me. I am trying to
> install DIAL on to an HP Proliant ML350 server. I have a hardware RAID
> 10 set up with 4 SAS drives – mostly for redundancy. When I try to run
> the installation for asterisk, I get this error:
> No root file system
> No root file system is defined
> Thinking I missed something allowing me to create the partitions, I
> ran the installation for  Debian and set up the partitions correctly
> and then tried to do the install for asterisk, but still got the same
> error.
> Thinking I perhaps had a disc problem, I tried it on another computer
> – this one with an SATA drive. This installed correctly.
> Is there something I am missing to have this install on the machine
> with the RAID?
> Caleb Miller (KE5SHR)

"Just say no to world domination"