[App_rpt-users] Change to Raspberry 3 problem

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Wed Nov 16 00:21:15 UTC 2016

Chris,
When you said "Everything works when its connected to my laptop with the
same rpt.conf and usbradio.conf" I understood it to mean you had
asterisk running on a laptop. That the same config files that worked on
the laptop did not work on the RPi3. It now seems that you are using
your laptop to log into the RPi3. This changes things a bit.

If this is the case and you can connect to a external node by issuing a
command at the CLI, then can not use DTMF to dial a node from the user
radio. Did you set levels on your receive and transmit. Just because a
command works, does not mean that all tones are being decoded. Once you
set levels, increase the verbosity of logging to view the DTMF being
decoded.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 11/15/2016 04:08 PM, Chris Viningre wrote:

> Now i'm lost. I can connect to the target when I use my laptop to
> control the repeater. I've tried other nodes that I have been able to
> connect to, but still no reply from my system.
>

> On 11/15/2016 01:59 PM, Steve Zingman wrote:
>>
>> You need to make sure the target node has you in the node lust.  I do
>> in mine.
>>
>> Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)
>>
>> On Nov 15, 2016 3:55 PM, Chris Viningre <chrisviningre at gmail.com
>> <mailto:chrisviningre at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Thats another problem. With Hughes Net they clam they are not
>> blocking ports and even connected to the modem I cant receive from
>> Allstar. The modem doesnt have port forwarding. Even with this
>> problem my laptop lets me connect but my Pi will not.
>>

>> On 11/15/2016 01:43 PM, Steve Zingman wrote:
>>> Do you have port forwarding point to the IP of the node?

>>> --
>>> "Just say no to world domination"
>>
>> --
>> Chris Viningre
>> 70 W. Roadrunner
>> Salt Flat, Texas 79847
>> C:(915) 504-1510
>> chrisviningre at gmail.com
>> Amateur Radio Operator: WS5B
>> https://www.qrz.com/db/ws5b
>> http://www.reverbnation.com/chrisviningre
>
> --
> Chris Viningre
> 70 W. Roadrunner
> Salt Flat, Texas 79847
> C:(915) 504-1510
> chrisviningre at gmail.com
> Amateur Radio Operator: WS5B
> https://www.qrz.com/db/ws5b
> http://www.reverbnation.com/chrisviningre

--
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic