[App_rpt-users] USB FOB not affecting Pin 13 to PTT

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Thu Nov 24 22:11:11 UTC 2016

You are missing something....   On most FOB's, regardless of the
manufacturer, the RED LED is not wired to pin 13.  While the green LED
usually works correctly because it's tied to pin 12 on the C-Media chip,
the red LED by default is connected to pin 21.

There are several reliable sources for non potted FOB's, but generally
they cost more.  The SYBA UAUD71 and the StarTech ICUSBAUDIO are two
such units.  They generally cost between $11 and $17 depending on supplier.

I've recently dropped the price of the RA-35 to include the CM119A and
EEPROM to be presoldered.
http://www.masterscommunications.com/products/radio-adapter/ra35.html

Kevin