[App_rpt-users] IPV6 and upgrades --was: toy throwing

Anthony Percy antcp at bigpond.com
Wed Sep 14 11:12:13 UTC 2016

Hi there,
I haven¹t commented for a while on this group..
There is another way that we could  go forward with the codeŠ
About 18 months ago, I ported the pre DIAL version of Allstar to the ARCH
version of linux as a package using the ARCH package tool called
³paceman².. Have a look at "https://github.com/anthcp?tab=repositories²
for examples. My reasoning behind this was to make it easier to use
Allstar with a standard linux, without having to install a new linux
version every time.
As you can see, this was mainly for the odroid and raspberry pi ARM
platformsŠI did actually do an intel version as well.
The code  worked very well ( all credit to Jim & co) and a 10m repeater
was on air for a year using this codeŠ
What it forced me to do was to create two packages for allstar, one for
the kernel (migrating to DAHDI) and the other for the user land code...
Anyway, this could be a good way to go in that one could create packages
say for kernel based IPv6 code and then make the package install look for
these packages and configure accordingly, e.g use a modular packaging
approach.
Just another ideaŠ.
Happy to be involved if you wish.

Regards

Anthony Percy, VK5QS (ex VK2ACP, G8NNE e.g callsigns are reassigned in
Australia!)

On 9/14/16, 2:09 PM, "app_rpt-users-bounces at ohnosec.org on behalf of
app_rpt-users-request at ohnosec.org" <app_rpt-users-bounces at ohnosec.org on