[App_rpt-users] Echolink and Teamspeak

Gareth Jackson gareth1125 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 08:13:59 UTC 2016

Hello all.

Having being running the Teamspeak server for a few weeks now, it's
thankfully working well with both Echolink and Allstar links (Even in the
process of adding a DMR crosslink now).

It is however running on windows based machines, and ideally, I'd like to
run it on a Raspberry Pi 3. I keep being told that the "pi" is the future,
and having seen a few videos of people using them, they do seem very neat
and functional.

My issue is that now I have 2 band new shiny Pi's sat in front of me, i'm
struggling on where to go next.

I can't find information about how to run Echolink (sysops) on them using
virtual audio cables... I can however find lots of people that have a radio
plugged in to them, but as it's a virtual server I don't need radios plugged
into them.

Has anyone any experience with this before? I'm guessing if anyone uses one
for crosslinking Allstar and Echolink they would have had to address this
issue.

Cheers,

Gareth

PS: For anyone not knowing what Teamspeak is, it's an VOIP/ROIP app (running
on my own private server) that allows hams that are not in range of
repeaters etc, to access multiple talk groups using the teamspeak app for
free. Teams speak runs on PC/Mac/Linux/Apple/Google devices etc... Happy to
share the details of the server if anyone wants to try it out etc.