[App_rpt-users] Receive audio not passing through URI

Chris Viningre chrisviningre at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 00:40:34 UTC 2016

 Greetings from a ham radio dummy. I'm old to ham radio but new to
setting up repeaters, Allstar and URI. Also lost working with Linux.
Yes pretty much a disaster looking for a place to happen. I have a
repeater running with a RC-100 controller on VHF. I'm attempting to
add a link to a linked system over Allstar. I have removed the old
controller and wired the URI. To the best of my knowledge I have the
wiring correct, but I could be wrong. I downloaded the Linux software
from the Allstarlink website and made a bootable disk. I loaded the
Debian with Asterisk software only, Not the Graphical version. At the
end of the install I manually added my information. I put my node
number and password number in. I followed the support information from
the Allstar site and did a node download from Allstar. I checked for
my node on the Allstar list and it is listed. I called the link phone
number and I can get through the login but it doesn't seem to connect
to my link. I get a busy signal and it hangs up. When I key a HT the
repeater sometimes comes up. Most of the time I have the key the PTT 2
or 3 times in a row to make it key up. Either way I get no audio out
of the transmitter other then the IDer and beep. I hear the receiver
just fine. I have search for help all over the internet, but what
information I find is like a Texan trying to read Arabic. I speak
Texagain so I'm not really the best with the English language. At
lease according to my wife.  Well I'm hoping maybe someone can help me
get this working or lead me in some kind of direction. Thank you.

Chris Viningre
70 W. Roadrunner
Salt Flat, Texas 79847
C:(915) 504-1510