[App_rpt-users] Strange /var/log behavior

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Tue Sep 20 17:25:06 UTC 2016

Bob,
The current version of DIAL for the RPi has a simple log to RAM. It's
purpose is to reduce the number of writes to the SD card. The log is not
saved over a reboot.

The release candidate for the RPi flushes the log to disk every hour and
on reboot, along with a number of other improvements. The "Release
Candidate" is available at <http://tinyurl.com/DIAL-RAT-RC1>

73, Steve N4IRS

On 9/20/2016 1:19 PM, Bob Roszkowski wrote:
> I've been playing around with DIAL on a RPi and noticed something
> strange today.  If I create a dir or file in /var/log and reboot, it is
> gone.
>
> Anyone else see this?
>

> Sincerely,
>
> boB - W5EVH