[App_rpt-users] transmitter stuck on transmit (rabbit hole)

Lowell lowell.brunson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 07:37:43 UTC 2017

I am attempting to run allstar on a raspberry pi 3 occasionally with wifi.
I downloaded

rpi2_dial_V101.img <http://dvswitch.org/files/DIAL/rpi2_dial_V101.img>

but it appears to be based on some version of raspbian that doesn't have
wifi support.  So, I tried

http://dvswitch.org/files/DIAL/RAT_RC1.tar.gz which I thought was a later
development release but now I see it has an earlier date than "V101".
However, wifi does work.

I am having a couple of problems though.  Sometimes after the transmitter
returns to receive the receive audio is no longer present and the sound fob
"mic" input appears to be dead.

Worse, though, is when I try to get the node to announce something like
status ( *712 = status,12  in rpt.conf) the transmitter starts transmitting
but there is no audio.  When it stops transmitting (maybe a minute or more
later) I see a message " NOTICE[15291]: app_rpt.c:10859 rpt_telemetry:
Tracepoint rpt_telemetry() exit
chan_simpleusb ACRUK  dev=usb TX OFF >>".  So, I thought I would look at
the source code and see what that might mean.  Now I am confused about
where to get the official source code.  I think it is supposed to be at
https://github.com/AllStarLink/DIAL so I started looking at the code there
and have decided I might be way down the wrong rabbit hole.

Time to reset.  Should I go back to V101 or maybe download the source and
attempt to build myself or...

I saw this message on a resolved issue "feature/serial signaling for USB
channel drivers #14" which sound interesting to me because then I could use
the same radio interface I use for all my other applications.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Lowell