[App_rpt-users] Alternative to WebTransceiver java applet

Tim Sawyer tisawyer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 20:37:21 UTC 2017

There is no effort to replace or improve the web transceiver that I know
about. It would be really great if someone could figure out how to do that
with HTML5 etc. There are some interesting developments in later versions
of Asterisk that would support such an effort but getting app_rpt working
there is another hurdle yet to be accomplished.

For now these instructions might help.
https://hamvoip.org/docs/WebTransceiverSetupHelp.pdf

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 11:38 AM, Doug Kingston <dpk at randomnotes.org> wrote:

> As I am sure many of you are aware, the WebTransceiver has been rendered
> largely useless by the deprecation of Java support in many major browsers.
> Even where it can still be used (e.g. Safari), the process to enable it is
> convoluted and a challenge for many users.  Is there any project underway
> to develop either a standalone app or a modern browser based application in
> HTML5 or JavaScript that will replace this very useful capability.  Lack of
> an authenticated client for general hams to use to access Allstar nodes is
> probably the major impediment to much stronger adoption of Allstar.  With
> the uniformly poor audio quality of Echolink being promulgated by its ease
> of use, we really need an authenticated access method for Allstar that is
> as easy to use as the Echolink clients.
>
> I am willing to help if there is a path forward here.  Is there a better
> list to discuss this?
>
> Lets discuss,
>   -Doug-, KD7DK

> options button"