[App_rpt-users] Problem with Dual Node config with DIAL on RPi3

Ramesh Dhami Ramesh at va3uv.com
Mon Apr 24 01:25:05 UTC 2017

On 2017-04-23 12:01 PM, Steve Zingman wrote:
> Tom,
> I'm testing here with the more current version of DIAL for the RPi I
> am testing on a RPi3 with 2 URI
> I am trying different configurations to force a failur
> The link is on the allstarlink.org page it is labeled " DIAL RC1 for
> Raspberry Pi 2/3 (Recommended)"
> The direct link to the download is
> <http://dvswitch.org/files/DIAL/RAT_RC1.tar.gz>

<-- Hi Steve, Tom and All:  Well... the above post from Steve was a huge
clue for me!!

I was previously using a different image
(http://dvswitch.org/files/DIAL/rpi2_dial_V101.img).... this is the
image that was giving me problems with a dual node configuration.

With the image referenced by Steve (the RAT_RC1 image), I was able to
setup two full-duplex nodes (using chan_usbradio).

I have rebooted the Pi (3) about half-a-dozen times and so far, the USB
numbering seems to be static (no swapping of node #'s).

Great progress for a Sunday night :).

Cheers!

Ramesh, VA3UV