[App_rpt-users] ilbc codec source code ?

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Fri Aug 25 18:43:25 UTC 2017

Hi,

Please make sure to apply ALL the files in the patch kit, including the
changes in Asterisk proper, such as:

asterisk/include/asterisk/frame.h
asterisk/main/frame.c
asterisk/formats/format_ilbc.c
asterisk/codecs/codec_ilbc.c
asterisk/codecs/ilbc_slin_ex.h

Stock Asterisk uses 30ms iLBC audio frames, which can end up sounding like
"Mr.  Roboto" with AllStar, which strictly expects 20ms frames....These
patches convert iLBC for Asterisk to 20ms frames, so it's compatible with
AllStar.

Also, note that is you use this patch in conjuction with SIP phones,
softphones, etc., make sure they're set to 20ms frames, too.

This code is well tested, it has been running for many years in
production.

73, David KB4FXC